ALOHA

Akahai - Perseverance, Lokahi - Unity, 'O ia'i'o - Truth, Ha'aha'a - Humbleness, Ahonui - Patiences - Aloha

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ku I Ka Mana

Ku i ka mana

Like the one from whom he received what he learned.

Said of a child who behaves like those who reared him.  Mana is food masticated by an elder and conveyed to the mouth of a small child.  The haumana (pupil) receives knowledge from the mouth of his teacher.

Resource: Pukui, M. K. (1983). 'Olelo no'eau: proverbs & poetic sayings. Honolulu, Hi: Bishop Press

As an Early Childhood Educator, I nurture all of my students this way.  My students are as young as 3 years old to as young as 84 years old.  I share with all of my students the importances to observe, acknowledge, seek righteousness to live with compassion.

All of my inspiration (ancestral knowledge) comes from the heart expressed through the (ha) breath of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment